The department is well recognized reputed centre for clinical trials.
Department has conducted number of phase III clinical trials in
collaboration with dept. of medicine, psychiatry, neurology and cardiology.
One trial has just been completed. 1.
New molecule in asthma-international trial; efficacy, safety,
pharmacogenetic and pharmacokinetic study 2.
Antihypertensive drug-pharmacokinetic and pharmnacodynamic study
Some of the completed trials are:
1. Clinical trial of cefetamet pivoxyl hydrochloride in patients suffering
from lower respiratory tract infections. (Dr. Dinesh coordinator and
2. An open label, randomized, comparative, two arms, multicentric clinical
trial: To evaluate Efficacy and Safety of duloxetine in comparison to
venlafaxine in the treatment of major depression in the treatment of major
depression (Dr Dinesh Principal Investigator).
3. Erythromycin BD in upper respiratory tract infections (Dr Dinesh
4. Nitazoxanide in amoebic diarrhea (Dr Dinesh Principal Investigator).
5. A Randomised, Double-blind, Comparative, Prospective, Multicentric
Clinical Study to Evaluate the Safety and Efficacy of Milnacipran and
Imipramine in Patients with Major Depressive Disorder (Dr Dinesh Principal