Medical Society running the Christian Medical College and College of
Nursing felt the need to start a course in the dental discipline.
The need was given shape by an American Missionary Dr. J.J Fason who
visited India in 1968. His vision to start a modern dental clinical
at the established Christian Medical College in Ludhiana was soon
realized through his pioneering efforts. He served the Institution
20th December 1893 and the world was preparing to celebrate the
birth of the Lord Jesus Christ. The city of Ludhiana was preparing
to witness the birth of an institution. Fourteen people, under the
initiative of Dr. Edith Brown, took a step of faith to bring into
existence the North Indian School of Medicine for Christian women,
which is today the Christian Medical College Ludhiana Society.
Christian Dental College is part of the Christian Medical College
Ludhiana Society, which was established in the year 1992 with the
untiring efforts of Dr. J. L. Joshi. By 1992, the College was
affiliated to Punjab University and the first batch of 20 students
was admitted. In 1997, the Dental Council of India granted its
recognition to the College. The student intake was raised to 40
admissions per year from 1988.